A Study Into The Relation Between Nomadic Culture and Society



Wednesday 3 February 2010

Video of Van

Much of my sense of place i can attribute to the area in which i have grown up. Although this is my cultural home and a place which i imagine i shall always return from time to time i do not feel any attachment to this space other than the obvious personal attachments to family and friends. In recent years i have begun to explore my surroundings, whether locally, in Europe or globally, finding a sense of place and belonging in several far flung places around the world. My van has been a key instrument in facilitating this lifestyle and one that i maintain and regard highly as one of my most important possessions. It embodies my freedom, gives me the means to travel and the flexibility to wander afar and feel relaxed. Without it I would struggle to explore and maintain this lifestyle financially and become restricted by my reliance on other forms of transport and habitats. My van functions as an all in one mobile home, with a bed, cooker, tables and chairs... it can take me down any road and protect me from cold, hunger, and other threats. So long as i have petrol in the tank and food in the fridge i am free to explore.




No comments:

Post a Comment